Created by Dr. Mike Moreno, The 17 Day Diet has been featured on The Doctors and the Dr. Phil Show.
The 17 Day Diet is a weight loss plan that was initially created to avoid the holiday weight gain. But the beauty about the diet is that it can be used at any time throughout the year to shed a few pounds.
Every 17 days you’re changing what you’re doing. “We call it metabolic, or body, confusion,” Dr. Mike explains.
Here are the four cycles of The 17 Day Diet:
- Cycle 1: Accelerate. Encourages rapid weight loss, cleansing and fat burning. Discourages fat storage.
- Cycle 2: Activate. Resets the metabolism.
- Cycle 3: Achieve. Develop good eating habits, re-teach yourself how to eat carbs.
- Cycle 4: Arrive. A combination of the first three Cycles. On weekends, enjoy your favorite foods.
The 17 Day Diet also features a 17-minute exercise routine you should do as well as tons of tips and strategies to avoid food pitfalls.
The book though can only be purchased online through its website.
- Cycling what you eat, how much you eat and when you eat has shown promise in helping to accelerate weight loss
- Features a very clear and organized eating plan
- Promotes eating clean and healthy foods
- Difficult book to access or purchase
- Cannot be purchased in stores, only from the book’s site
- May just result in short-lived weight loss success
- Cycled eating has the potential to result in irregular eating patterns
DIET and NUTRITION
Dr. Moreno’s The 17 Day Diet is a cycled eating plan that alters the amounts of carbohydrates, proteins and fats you eat every few days. Divided across four phases, each is designed to accomplish a different objective: burning fat, resetting the metabolism and teaching you proper portion control and hunger signs.
This clean eating plan avoids sugar, processed foods, fried foods and other heavy dishes, but it does teach your body to crave and nourish itself through healthy eats like turkey and asparagus spears and other cleansing vegetables.
Dr. Moreno also shares tips to avoid holiday weight gain: He encourages you to pre-diet, which means to eat a healthy dinner before you attend holiday parties or other festive occasions that are food-focused. And when you’re at the party, choose only two to three of the healthiest appetizers. You’re also encouraged to stay away from the buffet table and say no to festive desserts and candy.
Dr. Moreno gives you a 17-minute exercise that you can do every day to reshape your body.
Dr. Moreno’s The 17 Day Diet is a weight loss plan that is designed to help you take off weight quickly and effectively. Even though the plan was created to avoid the holiday weight gain, it can be called on at any time throughout the year to knock off a few pounds or trim down for a special event. The cycled eating plan features four distinct phases that are intended to burn fat, reteach you how to eat and most importantly, reset your metabolism so that it works efficiently and smartly.