Health Benefits of Eating Bananas
- Banana is an ideal early food for babies because of its soft texture and it is easy to digest.
- Banana is a recommended fruit for people suffering from diarrhea.
- Banana can help normalize blood pressure. Eating two bananas a day can cut the risk of death by strokes by as much as 40%!
- Banana contains pectin, a soluble fiber that can help restore normal bowel movement without resorting to laxatives. One banana per day is recommended to maintain healthy bowel movements. The tip is that you should eat only ripe bananas yellow in color to cure constipation.
- Banana is high in iron which can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anemia.
- Bananas can help improve your body’s ability to absorb calcium.
- Banana contains tryptophan, a nutrient that helps to generate serotonin. A hormone that is generally associated with happiness.
- Banana can help cure heartburn because it neutralizes over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach.
- Banana is an energizer. The combination of carbohydrates and B vitamins in banana provide an instant energy boost. They are extremely good half an hour before a workout. Research has proven that just two bananas provide enough energy for a strenuous 90-minute workout.
- Bananas are a rich source of magnesium. Magnesium deficiency is very commonly linked to stress and anxiety disorders. Increasing your magnesium intake decreases anxiety and even help you sleep better.
- Banana is useful for weight loss as one banana having a weight of 100g contains roughly 90 calories.
- Banana is a cooling fruit that can lower both the physical and emotional temperature of expectant mothers. In Thailand, for example, pregnant women eat bananas to ensure their baby is born with a cool temperature.
Banana for dry skin: Bananas are a great natural remedy for dry skin. You can apply one mashed banana mixed with two tablespoons of honey and 1/4th cup of yogurt on your dry skin. Leave on for 10 minutes and then rinse it off. Bananas and honey face mask is the most popular remedy to get rid of dry skin.
Uses of Banana Peel:
- Banana peel can help remove warts. Just take a piece of banana peel and place it on the wart, with the yellow side out. Carefully hold the skin in place with a plaster or surgical tape.
- The inner peel of banana can help reduce swelling and irritation cause by insect bites. Just rub the banana peel on the affected area for a few minutes.
Important thing to know:
- The anti-cancer effect of most fruits will depend on the ripeness of the fruit, so the riper the banana, the higher its anti-cancer properties. Yellow skin bananas with dark spots on them, are 8 times more effective in enhancing the property of white blood cells than the green-skin versions. The recommendation is to eat 1 to 2 bananas a day to increase your body immunity to diseases like cold, flu and others.
- Bananas lose their pleasant taste when they are refrigerated, but it doesn’t diminish their nutritional value and it most certainly makes them last longer. It’s just changes the taste.