What are they:
Chia seeds are harvested from the Salvia hispanica plant, a type of sage in the Mint family. The seeds have diverse uses in the culinary field. Chia seeds were a staple of the ancient Aztec diet. Chia was a major food crop. In fact, these peoples considered chia a sacred food and medicine, and tribal kings, rulers, and royalty greatly prized its seed, which was also used in religious ceremonies.
Their Use: Chia seeds may be eaten raw or prepared in a number of dishes. Raw, they are an excellent source of dietary fiber and Omega-3 fatty acids. Chia seeds may be ground into pinole, a meal that can be used for porridge or baked goods. They may also be soaked in fruit juice or water to make a dish known as chia fresca in Mexico.Chia seeds are very absorbent and develop a gelatinous texture when soaked in water.
• Super-Energizing Power…For Greater Endurance and “Go Power”! Due to its unique blend of Protein, Essential Fats, Fiber, Complex Carbohydrates, and Antioxidants, chia is unrivalled among seeds and grains for providing energy to your body.
• Improves Cardiovascular Health…super high levels of heart-healthy EFAs (Essential Fatty Acids)…chia’s oil contains the highest-known percentage of omega-3 alpha-linolenic acid, a whopping 62%–64%!
• Stabilizes Blood Sugar…Reduces blood sugar swings…and supports conditions of hypoglycemia and diabetes.
• Reduces Cravings for Sweets and Junk Foods—high soluble fiber content releases natural, unrefined carbohydrate energy slowly into the bloodstream.
• Improves Mental Focus and Concentration. Chia’s balanced essential fatty acids can signficantly boost your brain power and enhance your mood.
• High-Quality Protein—Chia contains 20% or more protein…a higher percentage protein than found in other grains, such as wheat, corn, rice, or oats. Here are the Facts!
• Builds Lean Muscle Mass
Here are the Facts!